The specific variables included in this computer are listed above. Below are the general specifications common to all Macs of this generation.
- PC2700 DDR SDRAM. (PC2-4200 DDR SDRAM for the hi-res 1.67 GHz model) Maximum RAM: 2 GB total
- Supports at external display at a maximum resolution of 2048×1536 (2560×1600 on the hi-res 1.67 GHz model)
- 2 USB 2.0 Ports, 1 FireWire 400 port, 1 FireWire 800 port
- Airport Extreme and Bluetooth Slots
- Type I/II PC Card slot
- Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Base T
- They are able to run OS 9 (‘Classic’) applications under emulation, but they are not ‘dual-bootable’ (i.e. they must boot into OS X)
- Maximum OS: OS X 10.5.8
- We pre-install the Operating System version as noted in the specs above. If a different OS is desired or required, please contact one of our sales representatives, as sometimes the OS upgrade paths can be tricky or have issues you should be made aware of ahead of time. Also take note of the Maximum OS the machine is capable of running, listed above.
- OS restore discs are not included with the Mac, but may be purchased separately.
- If you're not familiar with this specific model of Mac, it's a good idea to check the System Requirements for the software you will be using.
- Note that due to Apple discontinuing some battery models, the battery we include may not be an Apple branded battery. If it is a used battery, we will have tested it to hold a charge during normal use for 60-90 minutes.
- The performance and longevity of batteries will vary significantly depending on what the computer is doing as well as a number of other factors, and cannot be determined or predicted solely by looking at charging cycles. We do recommend that you consider purchasing a new battery as a back-up if you're going to be using the laptop for extended periods without being plugged in.
- A power cable is included, but please note that it is not guaranteed to be the original Apple power cable. Original additional video and connecting cables are not included (we don't always get them with our trades), but are available for individual sale, either new or used. Talk to one of our experts to make sure you get everything you need!
Things to know about a used Mac Laptop:
Be Sure to Back Up!
Your data is always at risk when it resides on only one device. We recomend either BackBlaze for online backup or an external storage device.
Each used Mac comes with a 120-day warranty, plus these additional benefits:
First, if it arrives and isn't working as it should ("DOA" is definied as within 72 hours of receipt), we'll send you a return shipping label and replace it at our expense (some conditions may apply). Second, if at any time during the first 60 days after the purchase of a pre-owned Mac you wish to send it back for any reason, we'll credit you the current sale price for the item toward the purchase of anything else we sell (less a $50 deductible. Limit one exchange per customer). Note that warranty covers repair and return only after the DOA period. Replacement within 60 days is only guaranteed with the $50 deductible.
We also offer extended warranty packages which will increase the warranty on your used Mac to either six months or one year!
For more information on our used Macs, check out our Used Mac FAQ