The Quicksilver Power Mac G4 (PowerPC 7450 or PowerPC 7455) had a major appearance upgrade over the previous G4 models, but shares many of the features of the Digital Audio G4, including the 1.5 GB RAM capacity. The faster models have larger level 3 caches than the Digital Audio. Many consider the Quicksilver to be the quietest of the G4 towers, which combined with their processor power, makes them perfect for audio professionals.
- PC133 SDRAM. Max: 3×512 for 1.5 GB total
- Single display support
- 2 USB Ports, 2 FireWire (400) ports
- 4 PCI Expansion slots
- 4 Drive bays, one intended for a Zip drive.
- Airport slot
- Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Base T
- Maximum OS: Mac OS X 10.4.11 (733, 800 MHz) Mac OS X 10.5.8 (867 MHz and higher)
Things to know about a used Mac:
- We pre-install the Operating System version as noted in the specs above. If a different OS is desired or required, please contact one of our sales representatives, as sometimes the OS upgrade paths can be tricky or have issues you should be made aware of ahead of time. Also take note of the Maximum OS the machine is capable of running, listed above.
- OS restore discs are not included with the Mac, but may be purchased separately.
- If you're not familiar with this specific model of Mac, it's a good idea to check the System Requirements for the software you will be using.
- Note that any mouse and/or keyboard listed may not be an Apple-branded keyboard
Be Sure to Back Up!
Your data is always at risk when it resides on only one device. We recomend either BackBlaze for online backup or an external storage device.
Each used Mac comes with a 120-day warranty, plus these additional benefits:
First, if it arrives and isn't working as it should ("DOA" is definied as within 72 hours of receipt), we'll send you a return shipping label and replace it at our expense (some conditions may apply). Second, if at any time during the first 60 days after the purchase of a pre-owned Mac you wish to send it back for any reason, we'll credit you the current sale price for the item toward the purchase of anything else we sell (less a $50 deductible. Limit one exchange per customer). Note that warranty covers repair and return only after the DOA period. Replacement within 60 days is only guaranteed with the $50 deductible.
We also offer extended warranty packages which will increase the warranty on your used Mac to either six months or one year!
For more information on our used Macs, check out our Used Mac FAQ