The Mirrored Drive Door (MDD) G4 (PowerPC 7455) again changed the outward features of the G4 tower, but unlike the Quicksilver upgrade, the inside of the MDD also received many improvements. It supports four internal hard drives at up to 500 GB capacity each. In addition to the expanded hard drive capabilities, the MDD G4 supports two optical drives. Also, the fourth RAM slot returned to the MDD G4, once again allowing 2 GB of RAM to be used, but this time the RAM is the high-performance DDR RAM. The 3.5-MM audio-in port reappeared with the addition of a 2nd audio jack in the front. These are the fastest G4 towers able to boot up into Mac OS 9. The MDD G4 has only been matched recently in terms of drive expandability by the Mac Pro. This MDD is the best computer for OS 9 users and muscle enough for most current computing demands.
- PC2100 DDR SDRAM. Max:4×512 for 2 GB total
- Single and dual display support
- 2 USB Ports, 3 FireWire (400) ports
- 4 PCI Expansion slots
- 4 2.5" drive bays, two Ultra ATA/66 and two Ultra ATA/100, and an extra 5.25" optical drive bay
- Airport slot
- Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Base T
- Maximum OS: Mac OS X 10.5.8
Things to know about a used Mac:
- We pre-install the Operating System version as noted in the specs above. If a different OS is desired or required, please contact one of our sales representatives, as sometimes the OS upgrade paths can be tricky or have issues you should be made aware of ahead of time. Also take note of the Maximum OS the machine is capable of running, listed above.
- OS restore discs are not included with the Mac, but may be purchased separately.
- If you're not familiar with this specific model of Mac, it's a good idea to check the System Requirements for the software you will be using.
- Note that any mouse and/or keyboard listed may not be an Apple-branded keyboard
Be Sure to Back Up!
Your data is always at risk when it resides on only one device. We recomend either BackBlaze for online backup or an external storage device.
Each used Mac comes with a 120-day warranty, plus these additional benefits:
First, if it arrives and isn't working as it should ("DOA" is definied as within 72 hours of receipt), we'll send you a return shipping label and replace it at our expense (some conditions may apply). Second, if at any time during the first 60 days after the purchase of a pre-owned Mac you wish to send it back for any reason, we'll credit you the current sale price for the item toward the purchase of anything else we sell (less a $50 deductible. Limit one exchange per customer). Note that warranty covers repair and return only after the DOA period. Replacement within 60 days is only guaranteed with the $50 deductible.
We also offer extended warranty packages which will increase the warranty on your used Mac to either six months or one year!
For more information on our used Macs, check out our Used Mac FAQ