The specific variables included in this computer are listed above. Below are the general specifications common to all Macs of this generation.
- Model Identifier: MacPro6,1
- Intel Xeon E5 series: code-named "Ivy Bridge"
- RAM slots: 4 – 240-pin PC3-14900 (1866 MHz) DDR3 ECC SDRAM
- Maximum RAM: 128 GB (Actual), 64 GB (per Apple original specs)
- Supports up to 6 displays with Thunderbolt, or 3 at 4K
- 4 USB 3.0 Ports
- 6 Thunderbolt Ports
- Wi-Fi 80211.ac and Bluetooth 4.0 standard
- Ethernet: Two 10/100/1000 Base T ports
- Maximum OS: Latest to date
Mac Pro at a glance:
Dual workstation-class GPUs. State-of-the- art processor. Next-generation flash storage. Ultrafast memory. Unprecedented expansion capabilities. In a radical new design like no computer you’ve seen before. The future of the pro desktop is here.
Stunning new design
Mac Pro is the professional desktop computer reinvented from the inside out. Arranging the most advanced technologies available around a unified thermal core allowed Apple to make this the most powerful and expandable Mac ever, yet also unbelievably compact and quiet.
Powerful multicore processors
The new Mac Pro features the latest Intel Xeon E5 processor, with up to 12-core processing power and a four-channel memory controller providing up to 60GB/s of memory bandwidth, all on a single die. And with 40 lanes of PCI Express gen 3 throughput, up to 30MB of L3 cache, and over 500 gigaflops at peak performance, you'll never be at a loss for speed.
Dual workstation-class GPUs
Every new Mac Pro comes standard with dual AMD FirePro workstation-class GPUs, each with up to 6GB of dedicated VRAM and 2048 stream processors, providing up to 264GB/s of memory bandwidth and up to 3.5 teraflops. That's enough power to edit full-resolution 4K video while simultaneously rendering effects in the background – and still connect up to three 4K displays.
Faster PCIe-based flash storage
Next-generation PCIe-based flash storage is up to 2.4 times faster than SATA-based solid-state drives and up to 10 times faster than a 7200-rpm SATA hard drive. So booting up, launching apps, even opening massive files happens in, well, a flash.
Build your dream workstation – without being limited to the space inside the enclosure. Thunderbolt 2 delivers throughput of up to 20Gb/s to each external device. And since each Thunderbolt 2 port allows you to daisy-chain up to six peripherals, you can connect massive amounts of storage, add a PCI Express expansion chassis, and work with the latest 4K displays.
Things to know about a used Mac:
- We pre-install the Operating System version as noted in the specs above. If a different OS is desired or required, please contact one of our sales representatives, as sometimes the OS upgrade paths can be tricky or have issues you should be made aware of ahead of time. Also take note of the Maximum OS the machine is capable of running, listed above.
- OS restore discs are not included with the Mac, but may be purchased separately.
- If you're not familiar with this specific model of Mac, it's a good idea to check the System Requirements for the software you will be using.
- Note that any mouse and/or keyboard listed may not be an Apple-branded keyboard
Be Sure to Back Up!
Each used Mac comes with a 120-day warranty, plus these additional benefits:
First, if it arrives and isn't working as it should ("DOA" is definied as within 72 hours of receipt), we'll send you a return shipping label and replace it at our expense (some conditions may apply). Second, if at any time during the first 60 days after the purchase of a pre-owned Mac you wish to send it back for any reason, we'll credit you the current sale price for the item toward the purchase of anything else we sell (less a $50 deductible. Limit one exchange per customer). Note that warranty covers repair and return only after the DOA period. Replacement within 60 days is only guaranteed with the $50 deductible.
For more information on our used Macs, check out our Used Mac FAQ