Turn a 2.5" SATA Hard Drive or Solid State Drive into a UASP supported USB 3.0 External Hard Drive. The S2510BMU33 USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure with UASP lets you connect a 2.5in SATA III hard drive (HDD) or solid state drive (SSD) through an available USB port. The enclosure delivers optimal performance with a USB 3.0 connection, but is backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1 host connections as well.
Enhanced with UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this 2.5" SATA III enclosure performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller. Using a more efficient protocol than the traditional USB BOT (Bulk-Only Transport), UASP reduces latency, significantly increasing transfer speeds and reducing processor usage to utilize the full potential of your SATA III hard drives. See our UASP testing results below for further details.
With support for SATA I/II/III, and large capacity drives (tested up to 1TB) this HDD enclosure is compatible with virtually any 2.5in SATA hard drive, and greatly increase the storage/backup capabilities of your computer.
The USB 3.0/SATA III enclosure requires no external power adapter and features high quality aluminum construction, ensuring both portability and durability when carried as a laptop accessory.
- Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Improved Performance with UASP
- UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
- At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
- Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP enabled StarTech.com enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.