This product is NEW, pulled from undeployed systems - Does not come in MFG original retail packaging. Up to 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA 3Gb/s with NCQ Optional G-Force Protection™ technology Key Advantages
- Highest available notebook performance increases productivity in all environments.
- SATA 3Gb/s interface with Native Command Queuing (NCQ) and command ordering
- 16-MB cache on every capacity
- Green features:
- Leverages Seagate® laptop power management technology, delivering the lowest-power 500-GB 7200-RPM laptop hard drive yet
- Utilizes ramp load features which remove the head from the disk during idle periods, improving idle power consumption and adding to the durability of the drive
- Optional G-Force Protection feature adds another layer of robustness for road warriors.
- QuietStep™ technology enables ultra-quiet load/unload acoustics
- State-of-the-art cache and on-the-fly error-correction algorithms
- Fluid dynamic bearing motor for quiet operation
- Support for S.M.A.R.T. drive monitoring and reporting
- High-performance and mainstream laptop PCs
- Small form factor PCs
- Non-mission-critical blade servers and industrial applications
Industry-leading 7200-RPM performance meets extreme green low power consumption levels
Seagate Technology, a leader in storage, is dedicated to building products that meet the needs of the consumer and integrator, allowing them to build solutions that are state of the art, maximizing useful system life.
Seagate also works hand in hand with major technology players to develop new platforms and interfaces for system builders. Unlike many competitors, Seagate takes a leadership role, as well as learning from our customers, to develop the future of storage and what it means to computing.
As a result, Seagate continually delivers innovations that are mainstays of storage today:
- Products: 7200-RPM desktop and laptop drives, security drives
- Technologies: Serial ATA, perpendicular recording, encryption, hybrid drives
- Features: Freefall protection, power management, enterprise security, green components
Seagate customers can build a storage foundation with the confidence that they are using products that will perform today and in the future, enhancing business and operational continuity.
The G-Force Protection feature provides enhanced data protection against shock that may occur while the drive is operating. This feature is designed to decrease the likelihood of data loss by detecting a freefall event and unloading the actuator before a shock takes place in falls of greater than 8 inches (nominal).