240GB OWC Aura 6G Solid-State Drive for 2012-Early 2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display. Performance async flash storage with 7% over provisioned redundancy. 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty.
The Aura 6G SSD features industry leading SandForce DuraClass Technologies:
- DuraWrite extends the endurance of your Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Intelligent Block Management & Wear Leveling automatically distributes data evenly across the entire SSD.
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management spreads the active read/write across the flash components eliminating data corruption caused by constant use.
- Intelligent "Recycling" for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted.
- RAISE (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive similar to having a RAID setup.
- Best-in-Class ECC Protection for longest data retention and drive life.
First and Only Complete Storage Upgrade
Once again, OWC provides Mac users the only upgrade solution that delivers higher performance, functionality, and reliability! When first introduced, the MacBook Pro with Retina display base model offered a 256GB SSD configuration with no upgrade option. And current base models start from 128GB to 256GB. Now, instead of being "factory locked", the OWC Aura 6G gives you the freedom to upgrade your capacity to meet your storage needs. Just like other OWC upgrades, we include a free how-to video to make this an easy and money-saving DIY upgrade.
SpecificationsCapacity240GB useable capacity
Total Flash Memory Components - 256GB
16GB allocated to real-time data redundancy & error correctionFormatted Capacity223GiBNANDTier 1 Major Multi-Level Cell (MLC) High-Performance Async-NAND FlashControllerSandForce 2281 Series Processor with 7% Over ProvisioningSMART AttributesStandardNative Command Queuingup to 32 commandsManufacturer Model NumberOWCSSDA12R240RoHS CompliantYesFormatUnformatted (Instructions on formatting here)
ReliabilityData ReliabilityECC Recovery: Up to 55 bytes correctable per 512-byte sectorSecurityChip Based Data Encryption: 128-bit AES-compliantTRIM SupportOS DependentNonrecoverable Read ErrorsLess than 1 sector per 1016bits readWarranty3 Year OWC SSD
(Standard return policy applies.)
Reads (up to)501MB/sSustained
Writes (up to)503MB/sRandom 4K ReadUp to 60,000 IOPSRandom 4K WriteUp to 60,000 IOPSRead Latencyless than 0.1msWrite Latencyless than 0.1ms
PowerActive PowerLess than 3000mW (3.0W) expected maximum drawIdle PowerLess than 1200mW (1.2W)Power Nap compatible
Environmental (Operating)Temperature (F)32F to 158FTemperature (C)0C to 70C
Environmental (Non-Operating)Temperature (F)-67F to 302FTemperature (C)-55C to 150C
AcousticsIdle (Typical)0.0 belsSeek (Typical)0.0 bels
- 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less). The actual total capacity will depend on your own defined file settings/preferences.
- In terms of standard gigabytes, 1GiB - 1.074GB and refers to the actual formatted capacity of shown under Mac OS 10.5 or earlier and Microsoft Windows OS.
- Specific application environments such as temperature and duty cycle will affect the overall reliability rates.
- Based on SandForce processor operation.
- Specifications provided by SandForce.