480GB Mercury Electra 3G 2.5in 7mm SATA 3.0Gb/s Solid-State Drive. Tier 1 NAND Flash storage with 7% Over Provisioned Redundancy. Mac and PC compatible. 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty.
When only the fastest and most reliable Solid State Drive on the market today will suffice for your data storage and backup, look no further than the OWC 480GB Mercury Electra 3G SSD.
The Mercury SSD line features:
- DuraWrite extends the endurance of your Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Intelligent Block Management & Wear Leveling automatically distributes data evenly across the entire SSD.
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management spreads the active read/write across the flash components eliminating data corruption caused by constant use.
- Intelligent "Recycling" for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted.
- RAISE (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive similar to having a RAID setup.
- Best-in-Class ECC Protection for longest data retention and drive life.
This internal 2.5" SATA SSD delivers the highest transfer speed, endurance, and performance available today.
With sustained reads up to 285MB/s and writes up to 275MB/s, up to 100X greater data protection than enterprise class Hard Disk Drives, and RAISE technology for RAID like data protection and reliability, the OWC 480GB Mercury Electra 3G SSD line delivers unbeatable performance. It's designed and built in the U.S. from domestic and imported parts and backed by a 3 Year OWC SSD Limited Warranty.
High Performance Internal Storage
Replace your conventional hard drive with a reliable solid state drive. Unlike traditional hard disk drives, OWC SSDs have no moving parts, resulting in a quiet, cool, and highly rugged storage solution that also offers near instantaneous system response.
SpecificationsControllerSandForce 2181 Series Processor with 7% Over ProvisioningNANDTier 1 Asynchronous MLC NAND Flash MemoryForm FactorStandard 7mm 2.5"InterfaceSATA 3Gb/sCapacity480GB useable capacity
Total Flash Memory Components - 512GB
32GB allocated to real-time data redundancy & error correctionFormatted Capacity47GiBRAID SupportQualified for single drive and multiple drive production workstation RAID 0/1/10/0+1 and SPAN usage.SMART AttributesStandardNative Command Queuingup to 32 commandsManufacturer Model NumberOWCSSDEX3G480RoHS CompliantYesFormatUnformatted (Instructions on formatting here)
PhysicalHeight (max)7mm (0.276)Width (max)70.06mm (2.758)Length (max)100.12mm (3.941)Weight80 grams +/- 2 grams
0.176 lbs +/- 2.82 oz
ReliabilityData ReliabilityECC Recovery: Up to 55 bytes correctable per 512-byte sectorSecurityChip Based Data Encryption: 128-bit AES-compliantTRIM SupportOS DependentNonrecoverable Read ErrorsLess than 1 sector per 1016bits readWarranty3 Year OWC SSD Limited Warranty
(Standard return policy applies.)
Reads (up to)285MB/sSustained
Writes (up to)275MB/sRead Incompressible
Data Rate (up to)208MB/sWrite Incompressible
Data Rate (up to)235MB/sRandom 4K ReadUp to 60,000 IOPSRandom 4K WriteUp to 60,000 IOPSRead Latencyless than 0.1msWrite Latencyless than 0.1ms
Environmental (Operating)Temperature (F)32F to 158FTemperature (C)0C to 70C
Environmental (Non-Operating)Temperature (F)-67F to 302FTemperature (C)-55C to 150C
AcousticsIdle (Typical)0.0 belsSeek (Typical)0.0 bels
- 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less). The actual total capacity will depend on your own defined file settings/preferences.
- In terms of standard gigabytes, 1GiB - 1.074GB and refers to the actual formatted capacity of shown under Mac OS 10.5 or earlier and Microsoft Windows OS.
- Specific application environments such as temperature and duty cycle will affect the overall reliability.
- Specifications provided by SandForce.
- Temperature reporting is currently an unsupported feature because due to the operating characteristics of SSDs, it is highly unlikely one would ever exceed an OWC Mercury SSD's stated operating temperature ceiling of 158F/70C. However, we are looking into supporting this feature in the future via a firmware update. Firmware updates can be found here:http://eshop.macsales.com/tech_center/OWC/SSD.