NewerTech miniStack Classic FireWire 800 /USB2.0 Serial ATA (SATA I/II) Hard Drive Enclosure Kit with Integrated USB Hub. Includes Intech Hard Disk SpeedTools, Prosoft Data Backup 3, and NovaStor NovaBackup for Windows. 1 Year NewerTech Limited Warranty
Classic Style With Cutting-edge Storage and Backup Capabilities. Add up to 4TB of capacity to your 2009 or earlier Mac mini!
The NewerTech miniStack Classic can instantly turn your 2009 or earlier Mac mini into a lean, mean data storage/backup machine. The versatile miniStack features a three port USB 2.0 powered hub for connecting digital devices as well as FireWire 800/400 capabilities. With up to 4TB of capacity, the miniStack classic is perfect for video, audio and photo libraries. It can act as a boot drive as well. That's quite a bit of bang for your computing buck.
Style (and Room) to Spare
The miniStack Classic was designed to perfectly complement 2009 or earlier Mac minis. It has a durable aluminum finish and a glossy white top that make it easy to stack with your Mac mini without sacrificing any more desktop space. It's an easy way to improve your workflow without losing elbowroom.
Versatility and Efficiency
With up to 4TB of storage space, the miniStack Classic has plenty of room for extended storage, and makes a great home for your music, photo and video library. What makes the miniStack special is how well it streamlines access to your stored data.
You can choose between USB 2.0/1.1 and FireWire 800/400 to reach data speeds up to 100MB/s. It has a three-port integrated USB hub which helps reduce clutter and makes the miniStack Classic convenient for connecting iPhones, mice, keyboards and other common devices.
High Expectations; Higher Performance
The miniStack Classic offers more than just convenient high-high speed data transfer and storage. It also has several other features sure to improve your workflow. You can add the miniStack Classic to an Airport Extreme wireless network via USB to wirelessly shared files, perform Time Machine backups as well as sharing other devices, such as printers. Not only that, it's AV rated for high-performance home entertainment systems and sharing content with Apple TV.
Bundle of Joy
The miniStack Classic is ready to improve your workflow and data security as soon as you take it out of the box. It comes pre-loaded with freeware, shareware and public domain software, including InTech Hard Disk SpeedTools Utilities, ProSoft Engineering Data Backup and NovaStor Nova BACKUP. In addition, it comes with an integrated Kensington Security Slot for theft prevention.
- 3.5" SATA* Drives
- Western Digital Green drives
If you place a 1.5TB or larger hard drive into a miniStack Classic, any existing data on the drive will not be accessible. The drive will show up as "unformatted," and will need to be reformatted inside the miniStack Classic before the drive can be used.
Conversely, if the drive is formatted in the miniStack Classic, it will show up as "unformatted" if the drive is removed from the miniStack Classic for usage in a computer, different external enclosure, or dock. None of the data will be accessible and the drive will need to be reformatted before it can be used. However, the data on the drive is not erased or damaged unless you reformat it. To access a drive's original data you can place the drive back into the miniStack Classic.
To migrate your data from a miniStack Classic formatted drive for use in another location follow these steps:
- Back up the data from the miniStack Classic to another drive
- Relocate the drive from the miniStack Classic to the new location
- Reformat the drive
- Copy/Migrate the data from the backup to the newly reformatted drive Note: This is not a concern with hard drives 1.0TB and smaller with the miniStack Classic.
- Up to 64MB (HDD only)
Hard Drive Speed
- Up to 7200RPM (HDD only)
- Super-quiet, fan-less operation
- Oxford 943
- (2) FireWire 800 ports (FireWire 400 Backwards Compatible)
- (1) USB 2.0 (Standard-B) port
- (3) integrated USB 2.0/1.1 powered hub ports (standard-A)**
Maximum Data Transfer Rate
- FireWire 800/400 (up to 100MB/sec)
- USB 2.0 (up to 60 MB/sec)
- UL listed U.S./International auto switching 100 - 240v, 50 - 60Hz input, 12v 3A output power supply (adapter plugs for International usesold separately). For replacement power supply, click here.
- Scratch-resistant ABS plastic body and glossy plastic white top
- Same as all 2005 to 2009 Mac mini including Server
- 6.5 in (W) x 6.5 in (D) x 1.58 in (H)
- 165.10 mm (W) x 165.10 mm (D) x 40.132 mm (H)
- Empty case: 2.3 lbs (1.04 kg)
- Compatible with any computer that can support USB 2.0, FireWire 800 or FireWire 400 external drive
Mac System Requirements
- Mac OS 8.6 or later
- Support for drives over 2TB requires Mac OS X 10.2 and later
- USB 2.0: Mac with USB 2.0 interface, either built in or via USB 2.0 expander card
- FireWire 800: Mac with FireWire 800 interface, either built in or via FireWire 800 expander card
- FireWire 400: Mac with FireWire 400 interface, either built in or via FireWire 400 expander card
Windows System Requirements
- Windows 98SE or later
- Support for drives over 2TB requires Windows XP 64-bit and later
- USB 2.0: Windows 2000 and later with USB 2.0 interface, either built in or via USB 2.0 expander card
- FireWire 800: Windows 2000 and later with FireWire 800 interface, either built in or via FireWire 800 expander card
- FireWire 400: Windows 2000 and later with FireWire 400 interface, either built in or via FireWire 400 expander card
- Linux version capable of supporting USB or FireWire external storage devices
- Intech Hard Disk SpeedTools Utilities OEM (For Mac OS 8.6 - X only)
- ProSoft Engineering Data Backup for Mac OS X v10.2.8 or later
- NovaStor NovaBACKUP for Windows 2000 or later
- Over 1.5GB of Freeware, Shareware, Public domain software installed