NewerTech AdaptaDrive 2.5in to 3.5in Drive Converter Bracket. Fits all 3.5in SATA drive bays, including desktops, enclosures, or backplane trays as found in the Mac Pro. Fully SATA 3.0 Revision (6Gb/s) compliant. 5 Year NewerTech Limited Warranty.
- Fits all 3.5" SATA drive bays, including desktops, enclosures, or backplane trays as found in the Mac Pro.
- Fully SATA 3.0 Revision (6Gb/s) compliant.
- 5 Year Newer Technology Warranty
Install ANY size 2.5" SATA hard drive or SSD in a 3.5" SATA drive bay
Experience the Solid State Drive speed advantage or reuse an existing notebook hard drive in your 3.5" drive bay equipped desktop Mac, PC, or external enclosure with the Newertech AdaptaDrive 2.5" to 3.5" Drive Converter Bracket. With industry standard 3.5" drive screw mounting locations, the AdaptaDrive enables you to install ANY size 2.5" SATA hard drive or SSD in a 3.5" SATA drive bay.
Works With All 2.5" Drives, Including Latest SATA 6Gb/s SSDs
The AdaptaDrive supports 1.5Gb/s and 3.0Gb/s drives, so existing notebook hard drives can be utilized for extra storage; or a high performance 3G SSD such as the OWC Mercury EXTREME Pro can be added for an incredible system speed boost. Because the AdaptaDrive is built from aluminum and features an open design for maximum drive cooling air flow, power users and gamers seeking maximum drive speed can now easily add the latest high performance '6G' SSDs, like the OWC Mercury EXTREME Pro 6G, and experience data transfer rates over 500MB/s from their SATA Revision 3.0 (6Gb/s) compatible home/office computer or external drive.
Maintains Highest Performance While Offering Ultimate Convenience
The NewerTech AdaptaDrive has been benchmark test proven to deliver the same data transfer rates as is experienced when a drive is connected directly to the SATA data bus. The AdaptaDrive doesn't create a bottleneck or any performance throttling...it delivers pure data pass-through performance and drive use convenience from any 2.5" SATA 1.5Gb/s, 3Gb/s, or 6Gb/s hard drive or SSD.
- Compatible with any 2.5" SATA hard drive or Solid State drive
- Use anywhere you would install a 3.5" SATA drive
- Includes compatibility with backplane trays such as those found in Apple Mac Pro models
- Fully SATA 3.0 Revision (6Gb/s) compatible
- Backward compatible with SATA 2.0 Revision (3Gb/s) and 1.0 Revision (1.5Gb/s) drives
- Open design allows for full air flow for proper drive cooling
- Material: Black painted aluminum
- Measurements: 5.77" L (146.7mm) x 3.98" W (101.2mm) x .35" H (9mm)
- Weight: 3.5 ounces
- Warranty: 5 Year