USB 2.0 Enclosure for MacBook Pro Unibody SuperDrive - w/Install Guide, MCE OptiBay Utility Software
MCE External USB 2.0 Optical Drive Enclosure for Internal Apple SuperDrive removed from Unibody MacBook Pro 13-inch, 15-inch, and 17-inch and Unibody MacBook 13-inch Systems.
The MCE Optical Drive Enclosure for Unibody SuperDrive was designed specifically for use with the internal Apple SuperDrive that ships inside all MacBook Pro unibody and MacBook unibody systems. Installation of the SuperDrive into the MCE Optical Drive Enclosure is a breeze and takes about five minutes. Once inside, the drive is entirely enclosed. DVD and CD media is inserted through the front slot which is protected by a dust flap. The enclosure is silver in color to match the unibody MacBook Pro and it is completely bus-powered -- making it 100 percent portable since no extra power supply is required. With your SuperDrive inside this enclosure you'll be able to use it anytime you want to for loading system software or applications, as well as burning, playing, or ripping CDs and DVDs! When finished, it is so slim and lightweight that it slips easily into your laptop bag, desk drawer, or on a shelf... until you need it again.
- With your SuperDrive inside, this enclosure creates the smallest, lightest external SuperDrive on the market!
- Includes MCE DVD Player Activator software to allow Apple DVD Player to play DVD movies from the external SuperDrive
- Compatible with Finder Burning, iTunes, iDVD, iPhoto, DVD Player, and DVD Studio Pro
- Type: External
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 5.3 x 5.4 x 0.7 inches
- Net Weight: 4.5 ounces (without drive)
- Warranty: 1 year
- Internal Apple SuperDrive (from MacBook Pro unibody or MacBook unibody system)
- Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or 10.7 (Lion) or later
- Two available USB 2.0 ports
- MCE Optical Drive Enclosure for Unibody SuperDrive
- USB 2.0 Data and Power "Y" Cable
- MCE DVD Player Activator Software (Allows Apple DVD Player application to play DVDs from external SuperDrive)
- Installation and User's Guide