HP HP SDLT Cleaning Cartridge / Mfr. No.: C7982a
HP DLT/SDLT Data Cartridges offer high capacity and low cost per GB for customers with existing investments in DLT backup technology. HP SDLT II cartridges support DLTSage for improved media and drive diagnostics, enabling IT managers and network staff to better manage, predict and proactively prevent backup problems.
DLTIce allows cartridges to be formatted as WORM tapes for compliance with regulations on data retention and archiving. To increase capacity, SDLT II transfers optical servo guide information to the other surface of the media, increasing the number of recording tracks on the data-bearing media surface.
HP’s DLT/SDLT media is exhaustively qualified for use with HP and non-HP DLT/SDLT drives. A continuous testing program in HP’s media laboratory guarantees the high levels of quality uniquely specified by HP.
- High capacity and low cost per GB for existing DLT/SDLT users
- Capacities range from 40 GB to 600 GB compressed, with sustained transfer rates from 1.5 MB/sec to 72 MB/sec
- A thinner magnetic recording layer and a 40% smaller particle size achieves the highest capacity and lowest cost per GB in mid-range storage. Laser guided magnetic technology increases the number of tracks available for recording.
- DLTSage data management allows you to monitor media and drive diagnostics to pre-empt and prevent backup system errors caused by tapes and drives which are nearing the end of their working lives.
- HP's media laboratory test both media and drives to a unique level of specification, including load/unload, shoeshine, drop testing and environmental stress testing
- HP warrants DLT/SDLT cartridges for up to 30 years archival life and 1 million passes, regardless of the drive you use. This ensures businesses can meet the ever-increasing demands of regulation for data retention and archiving
- Standardizing on HP DLT/SDLT delivers the capacity to meet shrinking backup windows and interchangeable RW or WORM media without extra space or IT resource overhead.
- Industry standard technology ensures compatibility across HP and non-HP drives, with scalable capacity and performance. Cartridges are available as Custom Labeled, Non-Custom Labeled and non-labeled versions to fit with your data centre management criteria
- Rewritable media
Quantity per Package
- 30 years
- 12.7 mm
- 360 um
- Metal Particle
- Storage Media Compatibility Matrix
Day-to-day storage temperature
16º - 32º C
Long term storage temperature
18º - 28º C
Operating humidity range
20% - 80%
40% - 80%
- HP SDLT Cleaning Cartridge
- Limited lifetime warranty
What's in the box
- One HP SDLT Cleaning Cartridge