4k Ultra Hd Elrpol Extender / Mfr. Item No.: Gtb-Uhd2irs-Elrpol-Blk
With a Sender unit and a Receiver unit, the GTB-UHD2IRS-ELRPOL-BLK extender kit is designed to extend HDMI signal up to 495 feet (150 meters) using one CAT-5e cable. It supports 3D, up to 4K Ultra HD resolution, and 7.1 channels of HBR (High Bit Rate) lossless digital audio for uncompromised experience after long range extension. Powered by Gefen's HDBaseT technology, this kit also extends RS-232 and 2-way IR signals over the same Ethernet cable. RS-232 and Bi-Directional IR can be used to control A/V sources placed near the Sender unit and to send automation commands to the display or any other device placed near the Receiver unit. The Sender unit is powered by an included 24V DC power supply, which the receiver unit, thanks to Gefen POL (Power Over Line) technology, is powered by the Ethernet cable which carries HDMI signal, eliminating the need of external adapter. This kit can be mounted on any flat surface, or under a table to be out of the way.
How It Works
Connect the Sender unit to a Hi-Def source using the included HDMI cable. Use another HDMI cable to connect the Receiver unit to a display. Connect a single CAT-5e or better cable between the Sender and Receiver units. To control the source from the display location via IR, connect the included IR extender (Gefen part no. EXT-RMT-EXTIRN) to the IR Ext connector on the Receiver unit. Connect the included IR emitter (Gefen part no. GTB-IREMIT) to the IR Out port of the Sender unit and place the IR emitter over the IR sensor of the source. Point the IR remote at the IR extender to control the source. For IR control of a device placed near the Receiver unit (such as the display), connect the IR output from an automation control device to the IR In connector on the Sender unit. Connect an IR emitter (Gefen part no. EXT-IREMIT) to the IR Out port on the Receiver unit and attach the IR emitter to the IR sensor of the device being controlled. To extend RS-232 between the local and remote locations, connect the included male-to-female DB-9 cable from the Sender to an automation control device, and connect another DB-9 cable of the same type from the Receiver unit to the device to be controlled. Connect the included 24V DC power supply to the Sender unit and plug it into an available electrical outlet. Power to the Receiver unit is delivered from the Sender unit over the CAT-5e cable using Gefen POL technology. Power on all associated equipment.
Note: Shielded (STP) CAT-5e or CAT-6 is recommended. Unshielded (UTP) CAT-5e or CAT-6 may be acceptable depending on cable quality but is not the best choice. Care should always be given to keep these cables away from power lines and other sources of electromagnetic interference.
HDBaseT is a connectivity standard for whole-house and commercial distribution of uncompressed HD multimedia content. The cornerstone of HDBaseT technology is 5Play, a feature set that converges uncompressed full HD digital video, audio, 100BaseT Ethernet, power over cable, and various control signals in a single CAT-5 cable.
HIGH SPECIFICATIONS SUPPORT
This model supports 4K x 2K, 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA), 1080p Full HD for pristine picture quality. It also supports all key HDMI 1.4 features, like HDCP 2.2 and 1.4, 12-bit Deep Color, 3DTV pass-through, CEC pass-through, Lip Sync pass-through, as well as LPCM 7.1 audio, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio pass-through, allowing you to get the most out of your high-end A/V equipment.
CONTROL SIGNAL EXTENSION
This model supports RS-232 extension, and 2-way IR extension from Sender to Receiver and from Receiver to Sender for effortless remote control.
POWER OVER LINE (POL) TECHNOLOGY
Gefen POL (Power Over Line) technology provides power to the Receiver unit over the Ethernet cable. The Sender unit is powered by an AC adapter (included).
Power Consumption: 10W maximum
Power Supply: (1) 24V DC, locking
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 300 MHz
- Maximum TMDS Clock: 300 MHz
- Video Input Connector (Sender): (1) HDMI Type A 19-pin, female, locking
- Video Output Connector (Receiver): (1) HDMI Type A 19-pin, female, locking
- Link Connector (Sender/Receiver): (1) RJ-45, shielded
- RS-232 port (Sender): (1) DB-9, female
- RS-232 port (Receiver): (1) DB-9, male
- IR Extender port (Receiver): (1) 3.5mm mini-stereo jack
- IR Extender type: EXT-RMT-EXTIRN
- IR Out port (Sender/Receiver): (1) 3.5mm mini-mono jack
- IR In port (Sender): (1) 3.5mm mini-mono jack
- Power/HDCP Indicator LED (Sender/Receiver): (1) Bi-color: Blue/Amber
- Operating Temperature: 0 to +50 °C
- Operating Humidity: +10 to +90%, Relative Humidity, non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: -20 to +85 °C
- Storage Humidity: 0 to +95%, Relative Humidity, non-condensing
- MTBF: 50000 hours
- Extends 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz 4:2:0, or 30 Hz, 4:4;4) and Bi-Directional IR up to 130 feet (40 meters) over a single CAT-5e or CAT-6 cable
- Extends 4K Cinema (DCI) (4096 x 2160 @ 30 Hz 4:4:4), Ethernet, RS-232, and Bi-Directional IR over a single CAT-5e cable up to 330 feet/100 meters (8-bit color**)
- Extends HDMI at 1080p Full HD, Ethernet, RS-232, and Bi-Directional IR over a single CAT-5e cable up to 330 feet/100 meters (up to 12-bit Deep Color)
- Extends HDMI at 1080p Full HD, Ethernet, RS-232, and Bi-Directional IR over a single CAT-5e cable up to 495 feet/150 meters (8-bit color**)
HDMI Features Supported:
- HDCP 2.2 and 1.4
- 12-bit Deep Color
- LPCM 7.1 audio, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio pass-through
- 3DTV pass-through
- CEC pass-through
- Lip Sync pass-through
2-way IR extension from Sender to Receiver and from Receiver to Sender
Gefen POL feature provides power to the Receiver unit over the link cable
Uses Gefen's implementation of HDBaseT technology
Locking power connector
** This product passes through the display's EDID to the source. If the display is capable of accepting Deep Color, the source must be manually configured to output 8-bit color.
Dimensions: 4.3" x 1" x 3.2" (W x H x D) (Sender / Receiver)
Weight: 0.35 lbs. (0.2 kg)