Compact pocket sized, external, low cost VGA frame grabber capable of capturing output from virtually any VGA source-such as a Windows PC, a Mac OSX, a Unix machine, an embedded system, a medical device, scientific or lab equipment, and more.
- RGB/VGA to USB 2.0 capture card with interlaced image output
- Low cost, basic, easy to use, external capture from any VGA source at up to 1920×1200
- Outputs 3-28 FPS - interlaced
- Self-powered through USB - external power source not required
- Compact, external form factor - easy to transport and integrate
- Interfaces to multiple 3rd party applications compatible with Direct- Show on Windows, Video4Linux on Linux, QuickTime on Mac OS X
VGA2USB is Epiphan's lowest-priced frame grabber and is intended for those that need to capture video from VGA sources at resolutions up to 1920×1200 at low frame rates.
VGA2USB is invaluable in the preparation of documentation, capturing of presentations and PowerPoint slides, analyzing monitor-less systems, and performing quality control on tested systems.
As a compact external device, VGA2USB is easy to use. About the size of a box of paperclips, it is easily plugged in and requires no additional power, sending a digitized video signal from VGA to USB. The frame rate is dependent on content being captured - content with lots of movement at higher resolutions will have lower frame rates. In the majority of applications, VGA2USB captures video at 10 FPS.
It is a fully-featured VGA/RGB capture card complete with hardware, USB cable and software that makes it possible to capture video from any screen, view captured data in real time, save captured video and images to disk, copy captured images to a clipboard, or setup a periodical "save" command to capture images to disk. Furthermore, VGA2USB is compatible with virtually all 3rd party software that supports an external video device or webcam, including Skype, Windows Media Encoder, and others.