PowerShot SX410 IS Kit (Red)- PowerShot SX410 IS, Battery Pack NB-11LH, Battery Charger CB-2LF, Wrist Strap WS-DC12
Amazing Results are Never Too Far Away
The PowerShot SX410 IS camera is packed with advanced Canon technologies that make it easy to capture your best images ever. The camera's powerful 40x Optical Zoom (24-960mm) and 24mm Wide-Angle lens gives you amazing versatility: you'll capture wide landscapes and zoom in for impressive close-ups you never thought possible - all with bright, clear quality thanks to Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer and Intelligent IS. The 20.0 Megapixel* sensor and Canon DIGIC 4+ Image Processor help create crisp resolution and beautiful, natural images. Your videos will impress too: simply press the Movie button to record lifelike 720p HD video - even zoom in and out while shooting. Images you'll want to keep and share are easy to achieve with Smart AUTO that intelligently selects proper camera settings so your images and video look great in all kinds of situations. You'll get creative with fun Scene Modes like Fisheye Effect, Toy Camera Effect and Monochrome, and see and share it all with the camera's big, clear 3.0" LCD with a wide viewing angle. For versatility and value, the PowerShot SX410 IS camera is a best bet!
- Canon's powerful 40x Optical Zoom (24-960mm) and 24mm Wide-Angle lens with Optical Image Stabilizer help facilitate outstanding optical performance and versatility, along with Intelligent IS to help optimize image stabilization for virtually shake-free images in a wide variety of conditions.
- 20.0 Megapixel* sensor and Canon DIGIC 4+ Image Processor deliver stunning quality images.
- Capture impressive 720p HD video with a dedicated movie button and zoom while shooting.
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based on predefined shooting situations** to help you create the best possible image capture for stills or video.
- Scene Modes such as Fisheye Effect, Toy Camera Effect and Monochrome provide creative freedom to capture your photos.
- 3.0" LCD with wide viewing angle allows clear display, easy operation, and sharing.
- ECO Mode helps reduce power consumption for longer battery life.
40x Optical Zoom and 24mm Wide-Angle Lens
Once you start shooting with PowerShot SX410 IS camera, you'll quickly wonder how you ever did without the versatility of its powerful zoom lens. The 40x Optical Zoom lens has a reach all the way from 24mm to 960mm, so if you're capturing a child on stage from the back of the auditorium, you'll see her every expression. The Wide-Angle lens just as easily delivers superb landscapes and large group portraits. The Optical Image Stabilizer helps ensure you get clear, noise-free images, even at the long end of the zoom.
It's easy to capture clear, steady images with PowerShot cameras, even in low light without using a tripod. That's because the camera is equipped with Canon's innovative Intelligent IS. The system automatically analyzes camera movement and applies the best shake correction method for the shooting situation – allowing you to focus on framing and capturing your shot. For stills, the system selects from Normal IS, Panning IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and Tripod modes. When shooting video, the system selects from Dynamic IS, Powered IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and Active Tripod IS modes. New icons clearly mark the image stabilization mode, whether you're shooting still images or video.
Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 40x Optical, 4x Digital and 160x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer
Image Capture Device
20.0 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CCD
Approx. 20.5 Megapixels
Approx. 20.0 Megapixels*
*Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels.
4.3 (W) - 172.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 24-960mm)
Normal: 2.0 in. (5cm) - infinity (W), 4.6 ft. (1.4m) - infinity (T)
Auto/Manual: 0.0 in. (0cm) - infinity (W), 4.6 ft. (1.4cm) - infinity (T)
Macro AF: 0.0 in. - 1.6 ft. (0-50cm) (W)
Quick: 9.8 in. (3.0m) - infinity (W), 9.8 ft. (3.0m) - infinity (T)
3.0-inch TFT Color LCD with wide viewing angle
Approx. 230,000 dots
Aperture and Shutter
f/3.4 (W), f/6.3 (T)
15-1 sec. (shooting long exposures)
Auto, ISO 100-1600
Light Metering Method
Evaluative*, Center-weighted average, Spot**
* Facial brightness is evaluated in Face Detection AF.
** Metering frame is fixed to the center.
Exposure Control Method
Still Images: ±2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
White Balance Control
Auto*, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
* Camera automatically sets the optimal ISO speed according to shooting mode.
Auto, Flash On, Slow Synchro, Flash Off
- Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect.
1.6 ft. - 16 ft. (W), 4.6 - 8.9 ft. (T) (50cm - 5.0m (W), (1.4m - 2.7m (T))
*Image brightness may diminish depending on the shooting distance.
10 sec. or less (battery voltage: 3.7 V)
Flash Exposure Compensation
P, Live View Control, Auto, Portrait, Face Self-timer, Low Light, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Snow, Fireworks, Long Shutter
- Shooting movies is done with the movie button
My Colors Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom Color *
*Adjustment of contrast sharpness, saturation, red, green, blue and skin tone are available
Approx. 10-sec. delay/approx. 2-sec. delay/custom*
*Delay time (0-15 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots (1-10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified.
Normal: Approx. 0.5 shots/sec. (in P mode)
Normal: Approx. 2.2 shots/sec. (in Low Light mode)
- Under conditions where the flash does not fire automatically.
- Differs depending on the zoom position.
SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF (Version 1.1) compliant
Image Recording Format
Superfine / Fine
JPEG Compression Mode
Still Image: Exif. 2.3 (JPEG)
Video: MOV (Image: H.264; Audio: Linear PCM (Monaural))
Number of Recording Pixels
1) 16:9 - Large: 4608 x 2592; Medium 1: 3264 x 1832; Medium 2: 1920 x 1080; Small: 640 x 360
2) 3:2 - Large: 4608 x 3072; Medium 1: 3264 x 2176; Medium 2: 2048 x 1368; Small: 640 x 424
3) 4:3 - Large: 4608 x 3456; Medium 1: 3264 x 2448; Medium 2: 2048 x 1536; Small: 640 x 480
4) 1:1 - Large: 3456 x 3456; Medium 1: 2448 x 2448; Medium 2: 1536 x 1536; Small: 480 x 480
*2560 x 1920 (M) when in Low Light
HD 1280 x 720: 25 fps
Miniature Effect HD 1280 x 720: 5 fps / 2.5 fps / 1.25 fps
Miniature Effect 640 x 480: 5 fps / 2.5 fps / 1.25 fps
640 x 480: 30 fps (29.97)
Number of Recordable Images
|File Size (KB)||16GB||File Size (KB)||16GB||File Size (KB)||16GB||File Size (KB)||16GB|
|Medium 1 (M1)||SF||3,847||3,982||4,361||3,520||4,785||3,217||3,589||4,262|
|Medium 2 (M2)||SF||1,095||13,497||1,440||10,563||1,602||9,344||1,213||12,459|
|File Size (KB)||Approx. Number of Shots to 16 GB Memory Card|
|Medium* (M) in Low Light||F||1,848||8,235|
Note: SF=Superfine F=Fine
* When in Low Light.
• The approximate number of images recordable on memory cards other than the above can be calculated by using the above figures as a reference and extrapolating accordingly.
Time of Recordable Movies
|Shooting Modes||Pixels||Frame Rate||Movie Size (KB/sec.)||Approximate Total Movie Time Recordable to 16 GB memory Card||Single Clip Approx. Recording Time *1||Video Recording Bit Rate|
|Other than Below||HD (1280 x 720)||25 fps||25 fps||1,781||2 hr. 21 min. 58 sec.||29 min. 59 sec.||Approx. 15 Mbps|
|VGA (640 x 480)||30 fps*2||30 fps*2||607||6 hr. 44 min. 38 sec.||1 hr.||Approx. 3 Mbps|
|Miniature Effect||HD (1280 x 720)||5 fps (5x Speed)||25 fps||319||13 hr. 11 min. 58 sec.||29 min. 59 sec.||—|
|2.5 fps (10x Speed)||25 fps||159||25 hr. 46 min. 08 sec.||29 min. 59 sec.||—|
|1.25 fps (20x Speed)||25 fps||80||49 hr. 02 min. 56 sec.||29 min. 59 sec.||—|
|VGA (640 x 480)||6 fps (5x Speed)||30 fps*2||84||46 hr. 54 min. 59 sec.||1 hr.||—|
|3 fps (10x Speed)||30 fps*2||42||86 hr. 19 min. 35 sec.||1 hr.||—|
|1.5 fps (20x Speed)||30 fps*2||21||148 hr. 50 min. 20 sec.||1 hr.||—|
*1 Using an SD Speed Class 10 / UHS-I compatible memory card
• Recording stops automatically once the file size reaches 4 GB or the memory card becomes full.
• Recording may stop unexpectedly if a memory card with a low Speed Class is used.
*2 Actual frame rate is 29.97 fps.
Playback Modes File
Stills & Videos:
Auto Rotate (Automatic vertical/horizontal detection), Image Advance (Transition Effects, Scroll Display), Rotate, Favorites, My Category, Smart Shuffle, Group Playback, Slideshow (Repeat, Interval, Effect)
Single, Index (6-100 thumbnails), Magnification (2-10x), Information Display, Red-eye Correction, i-Contrast, Resize, My Colors, Histogram, Overexposure Warning
Normal Playback*1, Skip Backward*2, Previous Frame*3, Next Frame*3, Skip Forward*2
- Displays playback position and shooting time
- *1 Audio settings available in 5 levels *2 Approximately 4 seconds *3 Slow motion available
Select Image, Select Range
- The image data in the memory card stored with the Design rule for Camera File systems format can be erased (however, protected images cannot be erased).
- Using the Movie editing function, sections of the movie (1 sec. increments) can be deleted.
NTSC/PAL (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
Monaural (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
SD memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers & PictBridge compatible printers
Battery Pack NB-11LH, AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC90
Approx. 185 shots
Approx. 245 shots in ECO Mode
Approx. 4 hours
Dimensions (W x H x D)
4.11 x 2.72 x 3.35 in. / 104.4 x 69.1 x 85.1mm
11.5 oz. / 325g (CIPA standard)
10.9 oz. / 308g (camera only)