901 series VI Direct/Reflecting speakers (without equalizer) - Black Ash
The world’s most highly acclaimed speaker, regardless of size or price. Re-creates a spacious, lifelike blend of reflected and direct sound.
- The world’s most highly acclaimed speaker regardless of size and price, and the very best component speaker made by Bose®.
- The 901® speaker is an established audio legend – the most advanced version of the finest component speaker from Bose®. Today’s 901 Series VI Direct/Reflecting® speaker is the result of continuous research, and over 1,000 improvements since the first 901 speaker revolutionized the audio world in 1968.
- Each enclosure contains nine drivers, eight of them firing to the rear. Approximately 89% of the sound comes out the back, and reflects off the walls of the room to re-create a natural, spacious blend of reflected and direct sound similar to what you hear in a live performance. The proportion of reflected to direct sound is based on scientific research in concert halls. When you hear these speakers, close your eyes. The performers almost seem to be there with you.
- Acoustic Matrix™ speaker enclosure creates chambers that isolate and support the nine drivers. Overall efficiency is increased, while internal air flows of up to 60 mph are carefully controlled – giving you exceptionally well-defined bass.
- Each enclosure’s nine full-range, precisely positioned 4-1⁄2" (11.4 cm) Helical Voice Coil drivers create a soundstage that is much larger than the distance between the two speakers. Instead of being confined to the speakers, the music expands way beyond them.
- 106 dB of dynamic range enables the 901 system to fully re-create the intended impact of digital compact discs.
- Compatible with receivers or amplifiers rated from 10 to 450 watts per channel/rated 8 ohms.
- Five-year transferable limited warranty stays with the speakers even if ownership passes to another person.
- Available in genuine hardwood veneer with walnut finish, or black ash finish.
Inside each enclosure are nine full-range 4-1⁄2" Helical Voice Coil drivers. Eight of them send sound out the back to reflect sound throughout the room. Active equalizer provides even sound distribution at all frequencies. The deep, powerful bass is made possible by the patented Acoustic Matrix™ enclosure that controls internal air flows of up to 60 mph. Compatible with amplifiers and receivers rated from 10 to 450 watts per channel. Size: 12-1⁄4"H x 21-1⁄16"W x 12-3⁄4"D.
Weight in carton: speakers 36.4 lbs. (16.5 kg) each; equalizer 4.7 lbs. (2.1 kg).
Black ash or hardwood veneer with walnut finish.