MacBook Air is thin, light, and durable enough to take anywhere. With fifth-generation Intel Core processors, 8GB of memory standard, and fast PCIe-based SSD storage, it’s more than powerful enough for everyday things like email, web surfing, photo organizing and editing, and FaceTime HD video calls. And with all-day battery life up to 12 hours, MacBook Air will go with you and stay with you the entire day.
Designed for portability
- Features a unibody design that’s thin and light, yet durable enough to handle the rigors of everyday life
- Designed for life on the go — easily slides into any backpack or briefcase
- Features a 13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with 16:10 aspect ratio
- Only 2.96 pounds
- Available in Silver
Fifth-generation Intel processors
- Designed to reduce power consumption while maintaining high performance
- Configurable to 2.2GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 with Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz
Intel HD Graphics 6000
- Delivers fast graphics performance for smooth scrolling through large music and photo libraries
All-day battery life
- Up to 12 hours of wireless web
- Up to 12 hours of iTunes movie playback
- Up to 30 days of standby time
PCIe-based SSD storage
- Fast, reliable storage – up to 17 times faster than a traditional notebook hard drive
- Wake from sleep in just one second
- Configurable up to 512GB
- Smooth and responsive glass trackpad surface
- Supports all the Multi-Touch gestures Mac users love including tap, scroll, pinch, and swipe
Other key technologies
- FaceTime HD camera for video calls
- Stereo speakers and dual microphones
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- Thunderbolt 2 port delivers incredibly fast data transfer — up to 20 Gbps
- SDXC slot
- Two USB 3 ports
- Apple Mini DisplayPort adapters
- Apple USB SuperDrive
- Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
Supported resolutions: 1440 by 900 (native), 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, and 1024 by 640 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio and 1024 by 768 and 800 by 600 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio
256GB PCIe-based SSD
Configurable to 512GB SSD
1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz, with 3MB shared L3 cache
Configurable to 2.2GHz dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz, with 4MB shared L3 cache
|Memory||8GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory|
|Battery and Power2|
|Size and Weight|
Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
|Graphics and Video Support|
Intel HD Graphics 6000
Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 3840-by-2160 resolution at 60Hz on an external display, both at millions of colors.
Thunderbolt digital video output
|Camera||720p FaceTime HD camera|
|Charging and Expansion|
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
|Keyboard and Trackpad|
Full-size backlit keyboard with:
78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted Ã TÃ arrangement)
Ambient light sensor
Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
|Electrical and Operating Requirements|
Line voltage: 100-240V AC
macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Sierra introduces Siri to Mac4 — along with more ways to enjoy your photos, shop securely online, and work seamlessly between devices.
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Air. With built-in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can create and do amazing things.
|Limited Warranty and Service|
Your MacBook Air comes with 90 days of complimentary technical support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase AppleCare+ for Mac to extend your coverage to three years from your computer’s purchase date and add up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other repairable damage, plus applicable tax.
|In the Box|
2 Testing conducted by Apple in May 2017 using preproduction 1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Air systems with a 256GB SSD and 8GB of RAM. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The iTunes movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed in to an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration.
3 Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
4 Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area.