Apple 11-inch MacBook Air 1.6GHz
- 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz)
- Upgraded to 8GB Memory
- Upgraded to 512GB Flash Storage
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- New Mac with one-year Warranty (three years with the purchase of AppleCare)
- Free Big Foot 4GB USB Drive Included
Get a free Sasquatch Big Foot 4GB USB Drive with this computer- it ships automatically with your order! Our lovable mascot, Max the Sasquatch, donated his footprint for this cute and useful USB thumb drive, with plenty of storage space for you to use to transport data, back up important files and much more! Just a memento and a bit o' thanks from PowerMax for ordering a new Macintosh!
Sophisticated and slim, its innovative aluminum unibody is only 0.68” at its thickest, and it tapers down to a remarkable 0.11” at its thinnest. Loaded with superfast flash storage and a lithium ion battery, it’s a more compact, lighter computer packed with storage and staying power. Up to 9 hours of internet use and a 30-day standby time keeps it going longer for your productivity and workflow.
Powered by a low-voltage, 5th generation dual-core (Broadwell) Intel Core processor and either 4GB or 8GBof memory, the 11.6” MacBook Air is as powerful as it is pretty. The 16:9 display sports a glossy finish and LED backlight technology. Intel HD Graphics 6000 and a native 1366 x 768 resolution offers improved visual quality and energy efficiency, making this beauty a perfect choice for work or play.
ALUMINUM UNIBODY ENCLOSURE
Apple cuts the innovative unibody from a solid block of aluminum, maximizing strength and durability while minimizing bulk and weight. This high-precision design delivers a notebook computer that is both simple and elegant, enabling Apple to make an incredibly thin and light machine without sacrificing quality.
Apple’s ingenious flash storage plays a huge role in keeping this 11.6” MacBook Air sophisticated and slender. Since Flash storage uses a solid-state drive, there are no moving parts. This means faster access to the files you use most while maximizing storage space. No spinning drives also means a quieter machine for ultimate serenity while you’re trying to concentrate on the task at hand.
Flash storage gives you all this all plus it is very compact, meaning it occupies less valuable real-estate inside your computer, creating space for other essential components like a larger, more powerful battery. Lighter than any predecessor, this astonishing computer runs all day but doesn’t weigh you down when on the move.
Work longer. Play harder. Don’t worry about losing power. With this 54-watt lithium-polymer battery, the 2015 MacBook Air goes for up to an amazing 9 hours straight with a standby time of nearly a month. The MacBook Air also powers up quickly after being on standby, helping you get back into the flow seamlessly, without frustrating lag time.
Breathtaking colors make your graphics and images jump off the screen. Your images have more clarity and appear sharper, more vibrant. Multimedia production and editing in high-performance apps have never been so enjoyable. Between the MacBook Air’s GPU and gorgeous HD display, you can delve into your creative projects or get caught up in the action watching your favorite film.
A dual-core 5th Generation Intel Core processor powers the 2015 MacBook Air, with clock speeds of either 1.6GHz with the i5 or 2.2 with the i7. Users can now effectively implement commands and be productive at competent speeds. If you have the need for even more speed, Turbo Boost gets up to 2.7GHz on the i5 and 3.2GHz on the i7, and automatically kicks in to provide maximum performance for your computing needs.
With integrated DDR3 SDRAM technology, this 13.3” MacBook Air efficiently functions at high capacity without using enormous amounts of energy, so you can be more productive and make your deadlines while using this energy-efficient machine.
MULTI-TOUCH TRACKPAD & BACKLIT KEYBOARD
You won’t get any cramped keyboards or tiny trackpads with this incredible device. Even though it is shockingly thin and light, you still get to enjoy a full-sized, backlit keyboard and expansive, multi-touch trackpad. Ergonomically sound and aesthetically pleasing, the chiclit keyboard enables productivity and the glass trackpad gives you complete control over your computer and workflow.
Multi-touch in an innovative and incredible way to interact with your device. The spacious, glass trackpad doesn’t have a separate button. The entire thing is the button! You can configure it to scroll, swipe, click, and tap to your personal preferences. The multi-touch trackpad is more immersive and intuitive than ever before.
CONNECTIVITY & AMENITIES
As with all of Apple’s line of current notebook computers, the 13.3” MacBook Air features a FaceTime HD webcam built right into the display. Keep in touch with family and friends or join a meeting at work remotely.
Connect to the world with the dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, which is backward-compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n. Connect to peripherals like speakers, an external mouse or trackpad, an external keyboard, or a wireless printer with the built-in Bluetooth 4.0. In addition to built-in stereo speakers, there is also an on board microphone.
Connect to a myriad of devices with expansion ports like the dual Thunderbolt 2 ports which provide an spectacular 20GB per second data transfer rate and 4K media workflows. Plus, it can daisy-chain up to 6 individual devices.
And you can connect the rest of your USB peripherals through two USB 3.0 ports, which are backward compatible with USB 2.0. Transform this lightweight beauty into a desktop powerhouse with all these connections!
There is no longer a need to buy an expensive suite of basic software for word processing, spreadsheets, or presentations. The 2015 13.3” MacBook Air comes complete with iWork, which includes Pages, Numbers, and Keynote for all your basic productivity needs.
Make creative or business documents, fancy cards or flyers, and professional reports or papers with Pages. This versatile program can both read and export to MS Word documents, so get the best of both worlds!
The same goes for the revolutionary spreadsheet app called Numbers. Read and export to MS Excel. Make visually pleasing yet professional spreadsheets for your financial reports. Wow co-workers with your budgets. Perform functions from the simple to the complex, all in style.
Keynote rivals MS PowerPoint, especially because it can read and export in that format as well as create stimulating presentations organically. Add animated charts, interactive tables, and even cinematic effects and transitions to your professional presentations. Talk about wowing co-workers!
This powerful productivity suite comes with every new Mac, which also includes fun apps like GarageBand, Photos, and iMovie. Manage and produce creative content from original songs to podcast intros to soundtracks in the fantastic GarageBand app. Record and edit audio professionally. Import recorded audio into iMovie where you can create engaging family films or professional content for YouTube. Add transitions, titles, and effects. iMovie goes as far as your creativity and vision takes it.
Photos will organize and store your precious pictures, but it also comes with basic editing tools like image enhancement and cropping.
Perfect for the business person on-the-go, a tech-savvy student, or anyone else who wants the style, dependability, and quality only Apple can offer, get the all-new 2015 MacBook Air from your PowerMax sales rep today! Trade in that old Mac for a shiny, light, sophisticated new one. PowerMax has an impressive collection of new and used Macs to fit every need. Call the Mac Experts today to discuss your options!
1Battery life varies by use and configuration.See www.apple.com/batteries for more information. TM and © 2015 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
- 11.6-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- 1366 by 768 (native), 1344 by 756, and 1280 by 720 pixels at 16:9 aspect ratio; 1152 by 720 and 1024 by 640 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768 and 800 by 600 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio
- 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache, configurable to 2.2GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache.
- 128GB or 256GB PCIe-based flash storage, configurable to 512GB flash storage.
- 4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory, configurable to 8GB RAM.
Battery and Power2
- Up to 9 hours wireless web
- Up to 10 hours iTunes movie playback
- Up to 30 days standby time
- Built-in 38â wattâ hour lithiumâ polymer battery
- 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter with cable management; MagSafe 2 power port
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
- Width: 11.8 inches (32.5 cm)
- Depth: 7.56 inches (22.7 cm)
- Weight: 2.38 pounds (1.35 kg)3
Graphics and Video Support
Intel HD Graphics 5000
Dual display and video mirroring:
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
Thunderbolt digital video output
- Native Mini DisplayPort output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- HDMI audio and video output using third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (sold separately)
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
Connections and Expansion
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps)
- MagSafe 2 power port
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi networking;4 IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Headphone port
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote and microphone
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, threeâ finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50 deg. to 95 deg. F (10 deg. to 35 deg. C)
- Storage temperature: -13 deg. to 113 deg. F (-25 deg. to 45 deg. C)
- Relative humidity: 0 pct. to 90 pct. noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
OS X El Capitan
Engineered to take full advantage of your Mac hardware, OS X El Capitan is designed to be as easy to use as it is beautiful to look at. It comes with an amazing collection of apps you’ll use — and love — every day. And it enables your Mac and iOS devices to work wonderfully together.
- App Store
Limited Warranty and Service
Your MacBook Air comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend your service and support to three years from your computer’s purchase date. Only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides you with direct telephone support from Apple technical experts and the assurance that repairs will be handled by Apple-authorized technicians using genuine Apple parts.
1. 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less. 2. Testing conducted by Apple in February 2015 using preproduction 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 13-inch MacBook Air units and preproduction 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 11-inch MacBook Air units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The HD movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed in to an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information. 3. Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.