3port Firewire 400 PCIe Card Adds 3 External Fw Ports Allegr / Mfr. No.: Fw400a-E
More Fire(Wire) Power
Does your computer have enough FireWire connections for your digital device collection? FireWire 400 is still the fastest interface found on many peripherals. From external drives, DV camcorders, and audio interfaces, to digital cameras and scanners, thousands of devices connect to computers via FireWire. If you've purchased a new computer recently, you may have noticed a complete lack of FireWire 400 ports. So, how will you connect your stuff? We have a simple solution to this dilemma install Sonnet's Allegro FW400 PCIe to instantly add three FireWire 400 connections to your computer!
Allegro FW400 PCIe features full-bandwidth, independently powered FireWire 400 ports, and each one supports data transfer rates at up to 400 Mbits/s. This card also powers bus-powered devices (such as external drives and audio interfaces), so there is no need to connect an external power supply on some devices. With no drivers to install, Allegro FW400 PCIe offers simple plug and play installation that enables you to add the connections you need in minutes.
- Simple way to add three FireWire 400 ports to any compatible computer
- Easy installation plug and play no drivers to install
- Provides fast interface to download videos from your digital camcorder, transfer files to external drives, and more
- Mac Pro, Mac OS 10.4+
- Power Mac G5 (with PCI Express slots), Mac OS 10.5.7+
- Xserve (with PCI Express slots), Mac OS X Server Version 10.4+