Used MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo/2.2 GHz, 2 GB of RAM, 160 GB internal drive, internal SuperDrive, Airport Extreme and Bluetooth installed, Nvidia GeForce 8600m GT 128MB Graphics card, 15in. Matte Display, Certified Pre-Owned Mac with 90 day warranty, OS CD is not included, OS 10.4.11 installed, Note: The price on this unit has been adjusted due to: More overall wear and tear than usual, MacBookPro3.1-15
The 15-inch MacBook Pro was introduced to replace the venerable PowerBooks, ushering in the new era of Intel processors on a Mac laptop. If you're using OS X exclusively and you're a bit of a power user, a certified pre-owned MacBook Pro (also known as a used MacBook Pro or reseller refurbished MacBook Pro elsewhere) is the way to go (the smaller MacBooks or MacBook Pros) are worth considering as well). If you still need OS 9 (or prefer a built-in modem), then the PowerBooks are worthy machines.
Also, don't forget to consider the 17" version of the MacBook Pro... the extra screen size often more than makes up for the slightly heavier load.
In years past, chip manufacturers simply increased the GHz of their chips to make things go faster. Today, they are continually tinkering with the technology and architecture of the chips in order to eke out as much speed as possible. Accordingly, we have Core Duo, Core 2 Duo, i3, i5, i7 and more. When deciding on a particular laptop, other than the obvious issues such as budget and screen size, keep in mind that the chip speed is only one component of the entire picture. Things like network speed and connection as well as hard drive speed, and perhaps the most important of all: user data entry, are often going to be larger factors in terms of the entire speed experience. Otherwise, all the 15-inch MacBook Pro models are similar, with the minor differences that make this particular model unique noted below and in the detailed listing of its attributes.
- Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
- RAM: PC2-5300 DDR2
- Maximum RAM: 6 GB in two slots.
- Display resolution: 1440x900
- Supports an external display at a maximum resolution of 2560x1600
- 1 FireWire 400 port and 1 FireWire 800 port
- 2 USB 2.0 ports
- Airport Extreme and Bluetooth standard
- ExpressCard/34 Expansion slot
- Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Base T
- Built-in iSight camera
- Display port is a Dual-link DVI (VGA, Composite and S-video with adapter)
- Trackpad supports tap, double-tap, drag and scrolling
Advantages of a pre-owned MacBook Pro:
- A great value for power users using the latest software
- Reliable design and architecture
- For all but the most demanding applications, an Intel-based laptop will handle most current apps with ease
- A smaller percentage depreciation. With most of the depreciation taken out of these machines already, they'll retain their purchase price value for some time to come
- A workhorse machine designed to last for years
Please note: Used laptops are sold with used batteries, but ones that we've tested to hold a charge during normal use for 60-90 minutes. The performance and longevity of batteries will vary significantly depending on what the computer is doing as well as a number of other factors, and cannot be determined or predicted solely by looking at charging cycles. We do recommend that you consider purchasing a new battery as a back-up if you're going to be using the laptop for extended periods without being plugged in.
Our Pre-Owned MacBook Pros come with a 90 day warranty and two additional guarantees: First, if it arrives and isn't working as it should, we'll pick it up* and replace it at our expense (some conditions apply). Second, if at any time in the first 90 days of the purchase of a pre-owned Mac you wish to trade it in, we will guarantee you the FULL purchase price value you paid toward the purchase of anything else we sell. You can't lose with us!
*Does not apply to in-store or will call orders