Apple 17-inch MacBook Pro #MC024LL/A 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB of RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM internal drive, Internal SuperDrive, Airport Extreme & Bluetooth, ExpressCard/34 slot, Intel HD Graphics, Nvidia GeForce GT 330M with 512MB, 17" Hi-Res Glossy Widescreen Display
The fastest, most powerful MacBook Pro ever. Times 3.
At a glance:
- New Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processors. The 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pros feature the fastest dual-core processors available, which boost performance up to 50%.
- Next-generation NVIDIA graphics. With faster graphics than ever, MacBook Pro brings high performance to everything from photos and videos to 3D games.
- Up to 9 hours of battery life. The battery in the 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro lasts up to 8-9 hours on a single charge.*
- Precision aluminum unibody enclosure. From one solid piece of aluminum comes a MacBook Pro that's thin, light, and durable.
- Build the MacBook Pro of your dreams. We can special order or build CTO (Custom-To-Order) Macs for you at any time. Special order options include more RAM, larger hard drives -including 7200 RPM and Solid State Drives- Hi-Res and Antiglare displays, and of course additional items such as laptop bags, AppleCare, software, displays, adapters and much, much more. Just give one of our experts a call!
Rocking the new Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processors.
The ever-so-impressive unibody 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pros have been taken to a new level with all new Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processors. To say these new MacBook Pros are fast is an understatement, these things are 50% faster than the previous gen MacBook Pros. That's almost like getting a MacBook Pro and a half.
The 15" MacBook Pro i5 models are available with 2.4GHz and 2.53GHz processors or a 2.66GHz Core i7 processor. These 15" MacBook Pros also come standard with a 320GB or 500GB hard drive, and the base RAM has been increased to 4GB too, so you're getting one heck of a machine right out of the box. On the customizable side of things, hard drive options include a 500GB 7200RPM drive for increased performance, or even a Solid State Drive of up to 512GB.
The amazing display comes with 15.4" 1440 x 900 resolution as standard, though you can opt for a "high-resolution" 1680 x 1050 display in a CTO configuration. Both displays also available as antiglare, or the beloved "matte" glass option as well.
The 2.53GHz Core i5 processor is standard on the 17" MacBook Pro, as is a 500GB 5400RPM hard drive, and a glossy 1920 x 1200 display. Again the 2.66GHz Core i7 processor is available as a CTO option, as are the 7200PRM hard drive and antiglare glass.
Introducing Turbo Boost!
The new MacBook Pros with Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processors feature Turbo Boost. If you're using processor-intensive applications like Aperture 3 or Final Cut Pro that occasionally require additional rocket fuel, Turbo Boost dynamically increases the speed of one or both cores, dialing a 2.66GHz MacBook Pro all the way up to 3.33GHz.
Hyper-Threading, baked right in.
This exciting technology allows two threads to run simultaneously on each processor core, so Mac OS X recognizes four virtual cores instead of just two. When you're running multiple applications at once, the Core i5 and Core i7 processors spread tasks more evenly across a greater number of cores - so you can get more done, faster.
Next-generation NVIDIA graphics.
Inside the 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pro models is the new NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M discrete graphics processor - which is apparently the fastest graphics ever in a Mac notebook. While we don't have enough digits to count them all, there are 48 processing cores in the 330M and up to 512MB of dedicated video memory. They deliver even more horsepower than the previous generation.
You certainly don't have to sacrifice efficiency for speed: The NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M is up to 30 percent more energy efficient than its predecessor. For even greater power savings, the i5 and i7 MacBook Pros also includes integrated Intel HD Graphics.
On-demand performance, off-the-charts efficiency, world-dominating smarts
You want automatic graphics switching? You got it. What does that mean? Well, it's a breakthrough technology from Apple that switches graphics processors on the fly - so when you're mowing down opponents in the latest 3D splatterfest or crawling dungeons with guildmates you'll do so with ease. But when you're just checking email or irritating people on Facebook, you get better battery efficiency. Simple, right?
MacBook Pro accomplishes this by transfering the workload between the NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics processor and integrated Intel HD Graphics so seamlessly, you won't even notice. Whether you're using applications like Aperture, Motion, or Final Cut Pro or just surfing the web, your MacBook Pro always knows which processor to use. You don't have to log out, shut down, or change your preferences. Automatic graphics switching does it all for you, like your own personal Mr. Belvedere.
The longest-lasting Mac notebook battery ever.
The new energy-efficient architecture in every MacBook Pro, along with automatic graphics switching in the 15- and 17-inch models, gives you dramatically longer battery life.
On a single charge, the battery in the new 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pros last up to 8 to 9 hours. And you'll get up to 1000 full charge and discharge cycles - that's nearly three times the lifespan of typical notebook batteries. Advanced chemistry and Adaptive Charging allow the battery to maintain charging capabilities longer and determine the optimal way to charge the battery's cells. Because the battery lasts up to five years, MacBook Pro uses just one battery in the same time a typical notebook uses three. That makes for less waste. And that, in turn, makes for one environmentally friendly battery.
Precision aluminum MacBooks.
MacBook Pro's patented unibody enclosure is the product of precise machining. From the front thumbscoop to the now-you-see-it-now-you-don't sleep indicator, it's impressive just how much attention to detail went into these little machines.
The end result is a notebook that makes its predecessor look like it has about 100 too many parts. Aluminum MacBook Pros are thin, light, polished, and expertly refined (they absolutely DEMAND Grey Poupon, for example.) The unibody also makes MacBook Pro more durable than ever. If you're not some kind of a scaredy cat you can throw it in your briefcase, messenger bag, or tauntaun and pull it out at an airport, at school, at the office, or Echo Base without a second thought.
- MacBook Pro
- MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Software DVDs
- Display polishing cloth
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Included software
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard + iLife
Every Mac comes with the world's most advanced operating system, as well as iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, and iWeb so you can do more with your photos, movies, and music.
* Apple does not warrant the battery beyond Apple's one-year Limited Warranty. The battery has a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced by an Apple Service Provider. Battery life and charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
17-inch MacBook Pro Technical Specifications
Size and weight
- Height: 0.98 inch (2.50 cm)
- Width: 15.47 inch (39.3 cm)
- Depth: 10.51 inch (26.7 cm)
- Weight: 6.6 lbs. (2.99 kg)
- 17-inch (diagonal) high-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1920 by 1200 (native), 1680 by 1050, 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1280 by 1024 pixels at 5:4 aspect ratio; 1280 by 1024 pixels at 5:4 aspect ratio stretched; 1600 by 1200, 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 1600 by 1200, 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio stretched; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio stretched
Processor and memory
- 2.53GHz Intel Core i5 processor with 3MB shared L3 cache; or optional 2.66GHz Intel Core i7 processor with 4MB shared L3 cache
- 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 memory; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 8GB
Connections and expansion
- MagSafe power port
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- One FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- Three USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- Mini DisplayPort
- Audio in
- Audio out
- ExpressCard/34 slot
- Kensington lock slot
- 500GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive; optional 500GB 7200-rpm hard drive, or 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB solid-state drive
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
- Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD
Graphics and video support
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory
- Intel HD Graphics with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
- Automatic graphics switching
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- iSight camera
- Mini DisplayPort
Pure digital video output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (optional)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (optional)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter supports 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display (optional)
- HDMI output using a third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter
- AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on IEEE 802.11n specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
Battery and power
- Built-in 95-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
- MagSafe power port
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement)
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
Electrical and operating requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50 to 95 degrees F (10 to 35 degrees C)
- Storage temperature: -13 to 113 degrees F (-24 to 45 degrees C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
What's in the box
- MacBook Pro
- Display cleaning cloth
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Software DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard (includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife (includes iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand)
17-inch MacBook Pro Configuration
|2.53GHz MacBook Pro |
|Enclosure||Precision aluminum unibody|
|Processor||2.53GHz Intel Core i5|
|L3 cache||3MB shared|
|Memory||4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; supports up to 8GB|
|Hard drive6||500GB Serial ATA; 5400 rpm|
|Slot-loading optical drive||8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics5 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with automatic graphics switching|
|Graphics memory||512MB GDDR3|
|Video||iSight camera; Mini DisplayPort output port with support for DVI, VGA, dual-link DVI, and HDMI (requires adapters, sold separately)|
|Display||17-inch (diagonal) high-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1920-by-1200 resolution|
|Expansion||One FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps), three USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps), ExpressCard/34 slot|
|Audio||Stereo speakers with subwoofers, omnidirectional microphone, audio line in minijack (digital/analog), audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog)|
|Networking||10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit) Ethernet|
|Wireless||AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi (based on IEEE 802.11n specification)2; Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology|
|Hardware accessories||85W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, power cord|
|Limited warranty |
|Your 13" MacBook Pro comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one-year limited Apple warranty. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend your service and support to three years from your computer's purchase date. Only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides you with direct telephone support from Apple technical experts and the assurance that repairs will be handled by Apple-authorized technicians using genuine Apple parts.|
|Apple products and the global |
|Learn more about Apple's dedication to reducing the environmental impact of their products and processes. The Apple Product Environmental Specification details the environmental attributes of Apple products.|
|Recycling||Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization. Learn more about how to recycle your Mac.|
|MacBook Trade In||One of the best ways to maximize the long term value of your new 13" MacBook Pro is by trading it in toward the purchase of your new dream machine.|
Configure to order
- 320GB (5400-rpm) hard drive
- 500GB (5400-rpm) hard drive
- 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB solid-state drive
- Up to 8GB of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
- Apple Remote
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
- MagSafe Airline Adapter
- AppleCare Protection Plan
- Final Cut Express
- Logic Express