Ask Max: How can I restore iPhoto?
I recently lost my internet connection while emailing some photos and had to use my on/off button to shut the computer down ...since then my iPhoto will not start and I get a message ™an unexpected error occurred ...error code 5016™ with a companion message ™your iDisc is not available because connecting iDisc server failed.™ My iTunes is still working.
What needs to be done to restore iPhoto to my computer?
When your iPhoto 6, or newer, library becomes damaged there is a way to auto-rebuild the library file.
Follow these six steps:
- → Quit iPhoto if it is open.
- → Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard.
- → Open iPhoto.
- → Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library.
- → A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select the options you want to use.
- → Click Rebuild to begin the rebuild process. This may take a few minutes to complete.
More information on this can be found by checking out Apple's support page for rebuilding the iPhoto library.