Articles: Let’s Make a Podcast!
With each passing day, podcasting is becoming more and more popular and prevalent in the online marketplace. Millions have discovered the brilliance of podcasting because it’s basically commercial-free radio that’s also (usually) FREE!
Listening to podcasts can make your work commute more enjoyable. Whether on the bus, train, or driving in your car, podcasts use that extra time (when you’re unable to do much else) to entertain you. Teach you. Inspire you.
• There are history podcasts for history buffs.
• There are fiction podcasts where you can hear audiobooks and stories for FREE!
• There are how-to podcasts on everything from home improvement to tech to cooking.
• There are exercise podcasts to motivate you and spice up your fitness routine.
• There are advice podcasts to help with relationships, a job search, and more.
• There are podcasts that teach a new language, interview skills, and so many other topics.
• There are….well, you get the idea.
If you check the iTunes Store, you’ll find podcasts on just about every subject, so you’re sure to find something that interests you. When you subscribe to a podcast, the latest episode is automatically downloaded into your iTunes and shared across your linked devices, making it simple to keep up with your favorite content.
Once you catch the podcast bug, you might discover that you have something to offer the world as well. Share your expertise, opinions, passions. Let your voice be heard through a podcast. We all have something to offer others, so let’s get your thoughts out there.
Next Wednesday (5/6/15), I will begin teaching you how to make your very own podcast, step-by-step, using GarageBand.
To start, you will need:
1. An Apple Computer, preferably, although you can make a one on an iPhone or iPad
2. GarageBand, which comes free with every Mac
3. An internet connection
As luck would have it, PowerMax sells new, used, and refurbished Apple Computers, iPhones, and iPads! We also have a trade-in program if you’d like to upgrade from your current system. Check out our inventory to find your perfect Mac today.
Treat yourself, then follow me to learn how to make your very own podcast and have it available on iTunes. After this tutorial series, we’ll be making iPhone apps together…
All this magic starts with a Mac.
Christine is a Technical Support Specialist and Content Writer for PowerMax. Follow her articles as she takes you “Behind the Sasquatch: A Look Inside PowerMax,” an inside look at the day-to-day operations from the perspective of a Woman in Tech. She’ll also post great Tech Tips, helping you get the most of your Mac apps as well as write about some common technical issues and how to fix them. Finally, Christine will periodically post some Tutorials that teach readers how to do things like make podcasts and iPhone apps. Find what you’re looking for in the categories on the right.
If you have a tech question or issue, please don’t hesitate to contact Christine for help.